Saturday, March 13, 2010

Flash (savior of the universe?)

This morning I looked at my Watt's Up? meter and it read 160 watts.  I was expecting it to read around 110 based on my baseline measurement the other day.  I noticed that "Shockwave Flash" was consuming some 80% of my CPU so I killed it.  Now the meter reads about 97 watts.

Because I may be taking a trip soon I went to the Travelocity website.  They have a banner advertising their own service (thanks - I never would have heard of you otherwise) that for some reason just HAD to be done in flash.  Because, you know, you can't make a 4 frame GIF or something.

My Watt's Up? meter now reads 110 watts again.

Fight global warming: disable Flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some HTML tags are accepted, SomeLink, bold and italic seem to be it.